DIY GRANNY FLAT DESIGNER
There’s an old saying that ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’. You might be finding it difficult to visualise a granny flat (garden studio) in your backyard. Our interactive 3D granny flat designer is here to help you to do that. It’s quick and easy to use.
It will give you a visual perspective on a number of important considerations when planning and designing your granny flat, including:
location. The presence of easements, underground cables, internal stormwater and sewer pipes in your yard should all influence your garden studio location decision.
size. Our interactive 3D granny flat designer will help you to quickly and easily work out the length and breadth of your garden studio.
layout. Our tool will provide you with the visual layout measurements so that you can plan your granny flat (garden studio) space effectively. It will allow you to experiment by rearranging and repositioning your furniture and fittings to suit your requirements. There is no longer any need to painstakingly draw different granny flat layouts. Instead, our tool lets you create and change them quickly and easily.
So what are you waiting for? Start designing your dream granny flat/garden studio today. We’ll look forward to seeing it and helping you to turn your dream into reality!
Our interactive 3D granny flat designer also has some additional unique features to help you create and visualise your custom design, including the abilities to:
• provide you with an aerial view of your garden studio without the roof, simply by clicking the corresponding icon on the right-hand side of the screen. This feature allows you to plan and adjust your granny flat’s internal
design quickly and easily.
• telescope, spin and revolve your newly designed garden studio to give you a 3D view and spatial perspective of it.
• change the colour of your granny flat floor design by clicking on the floor icon.
• change the exterior cladding of your garden studio so that you can visualise different external looks and feels. Our granny flats have fourteen Weathertex colour options and two composite steel colour options for you
to choose from.
• interchange windows and doors of varying sizes, simply by dragging and dropping different options onto your
granny flat’s design.
Once you have experimented with our interactive 3D granny flat designer and come up with your preferred garden studio design, click the “get quote” icon. We’ll be able to provide you with an estimated cost or we’ll get in touch with you to discuss your needs further. The more information that you can provide to us, (such as your address and your land plans showing the location of easements, cables and pipes etc.), the better. All that information will enable us to give you an accurate quote for building your dream garden studio.